Bleach Me Baby!

Sooooooo, I'm really into bleaching now.

Saw a few designs in high street shops and just thought to myself 'errmmm I can do that on my own!' Why am I going to pay extortionate prices for something that I know I can make for the same price as a Big Mac Meal!

& Thats exactly what I did. Popped over to tesco, bought myself some Domestos, then hopped over to my local charity shop and bought a black jumper. The process is sooooo simple after that:

  • Lay jumper flat (probably best to do it in the bath)
  • Drizzle the bleach all over the jumper where you want the design
  • Leave for around 25/30 mins for the bleach to properly set into the fabric 
  • Wash jumper and leave to dry.

That's actually it.



 
 
This was the one I every tried and I think I did quite a good job of I do say so myself hahaha.
Definitely something I'll keep doing in the future. (Secretly, I fear for the rest of the clothes in my wardrobe *evil grin*). 



Like I said, I'll do more in the future and I did, but with this one it was a different technique to get this effect, so imma tell you guyyysss:

  • Fill half a cup of water (preferably a small disposable one)
  • Pour bleach into the water and swirl substance until you are satisfied that you have mixed the solution *starting to sound quite scientific now isn't it* :P
  • Lay t-shirt flat (again, best to do in the bath)
  • CAREFULLY pour the 'solution' in the areas you want. (I say carefully because with the water in it, it makes the solution thin and its more likely to spill all over your clothes).
  • Leave for around 25/30 mins, the longer you leave it, the lighter it will come out.
  • Wash and leave to dry.

PLEASE NOTE: WORKING WITH BLEACH IS A VERY HARMFUL SUBSTANCE, SO PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE (FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS ON THE CONTAINER, ALWAYS WORK WITH WINDOWS WIDE OPEN  AND WASH YOUR GARMENTS VERY WELL. (AS WELL AS YOUR HANDS)


…Its really addictive by the way, I may need to seek professional help.

Woah.